Sunday, September 26, 2010

Taking the Plunge!

Five months ago, I wrote on the top of a piece of paper, "Kelsey, what do you want?". For 3 months, I could not write one thing down. I felt a little bit lost and a lot confused. Finally, I feel as if I can answer the question. Yes, there are things that I could write down...A new pair of jeans, a pair of silver glitter Tom's shoes, a personal assistant who also is a massage therapist, and to know Jesus more. But, I didn't know what I wanted the future to hold...

Then after much pondering, a few emotional breakdowns with Jer and Sher-bear (a.k.a. Dad and Mama), and time...It was like an "AHA!" moment. I LOVE to take pictures. So why not pursue something that I love! Yes, fear and anxiety were there to tell me how I wouldn't be good and that it was a silly idea. But who likes fear anyway? 

So here I am, trying each day to get better and doing something that makes me so happy! Who wouldn't want to love their job!? 

I have one of the most wonderful mentors/friends/favorite people/gift from God to my life. Michelle Jensen who has let me intern for her. She is so full of wisdom about everything, not just photography. I love all of my time that I get to spend with her! Thank you Michelle, you have been such a blessing to me. 

This quote is currently taped to my mirror, reminding me to run head first into my dreams. 

"The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure."


Life is beautiful. and so is courage. 

Feel free to check out my website! Kelsey Lynne Photography!

No comments: