Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hello, Macro!

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."
-Helen Keller

There are many things that make normal days monumental. Pasta for dinner, new toothbrushes, and having someone tell me I smell good are all things that make me jump up and down. But one thing is more monumental than all of those. Yes, hard to believe, I know. Recently, I bought a new lens. Holler at your mother. That was enough to make any day the best day of my life. A new lens is like Christmas. Except better because you get to pick out your present and know you will love it. 

Fact: I dislike surprises. 

Fact: I love new lenses. 

Fact: I just bought a fantastic new lens. 60mm 2.8 Macro. Yes, thank you Jesus. Perfect for details of rings, babies, and portraits. Crisp details but creamy backgrounds. Because the little things matter and they deserve to look fantastic. I tested it out on a few things around my house. My Mom's wedding ring and my favorite accessory, the Hair-Flower. And another from the Wedding last weekend, the cake topper. I'm in love and we're definitely going to be seen around town together. 




Life is full of small things that make big differences. 

No comments: