Thursday, May 26, 2011

Perfect for Each Other: Tara + Travis

"We are most alive when we're in love."
-John Updike

They are opposites who go together like summertime and popsicles. Tara and Travis have known each other for many years, but had not realized how perfect they were for each other until 2 short years ago. While we drove to Eastern Washington for their engagement session, she told me about him. About the man who she has fallen in love with and cannot wait to wake up next to. She loves to try new things with him; he makes life an adventure. As she talked, she could not stop smiling. The drive took only 2 hours, but by the end, I felt like I had known them forever.

When I met Travis, I understood their relationship. He is steady and makes her feel alive. They know what the other is thinking, even before it is said. He is a cowboy and she is a city girl. But together they are perfect. He makes her smile. She makes him strong.

They will be saying "I Do" on October 1st, 2011 in Naches, WA. Only 4 short months until they never have to say goodbye.

Tara and Travis, you are perfect for each other. You made me fall more in love with photography. I am so glad to have met you. Thank you for being so kind and supportive, and for teaching me what classifies a mammal. I will remember you always. Your love is beautiful and alive, just how it should be.














Life is better together. 

Check out my WEBSITE, Send me an E-MAIL, or Call me 253.569.7600!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok.....wow!!! Tara's momma here! Not only did you capture their individual personalities. you captured who "they" are!! They have a beautiful story, and I am glad I called it more than 10 years ago. It has been a joy to watch unfold!!! I pray God will bless them with a long, happy Life......Carmen

Marcie said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh these are SPECTACULAR!! You can capture the emotion and Love they have for each other so well!! You can help but smile looking at them... they are perfect!! Marcie Lund

kari said...

Made my eyes tear, and my face smile. A mother can only hope a child finds thier true love and a life time of happiness. Carmen you are blessed, both your girls are very special. Cousin Kari

Anonymous said...

Kels-
I cannot tell you how much this meant to us. I love you so much and am so grateful that after all these years YOU, my friend took our engagement photos. Thank you for your beautiful post. You have this way of not only capturing "Travis and I" in a photograph, but you have managed to describe our relationship perfectly. I will never forget our colorful ride to Naches, nor the memories of taking these photos. Thank you for being you and for doing such an amazing job!!!

candacemorris said...

Congrats to Tara! She looks happy. Great job, too Kels - love the b/w ones. Recently saw a quote about photography, "Color captures people's clothing, b/w captures their souls."

Jessica said...

These are spectacular!! I'm one of Tara's bridesmaids, and these pictures made me cry because they are so beautiful, and capture Tara and Trav's relationship perfectly :) GREAT job!