Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Leap Fearlessly!

"If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

New Years Resolutions are my favorites. I love lists, I love goals. So, of course, I love lists about goals. But the best thing about them is when at the end of the year, I can look back and see that I have accomplished something. Some past resolutions have included: Read 5 books that aren't required (when I was in High School), Stop drinking Diet Coke (aspartame=NASTY), and numerous other things I can't remember. This year I have some resolutions as well. 

Yes, I am a bit late, but you'll see why. Here is my list: 
  • Think Before I Speak: Sometimes, I say things. Well, a lot of times. But there are times when it is like words go flying out of my mouth and I am trying to lasso them back in and pretend like they never happened. Maybe I wish they got stuck on my teeth and didn't actually leave to where people could hear. This year, I'm taking a little more time. 
  • Run a 5k: It might be random, but I know that I've wanted to run a 5k for a long time. I just haven't really had time or made it a priority. 2011, this is the year. 
  • Photograph More Weddings: I really enjoy weddings. I love the emotions of everything, the dress, the tux, and how everything that happens is special. I want to be able to document the moments that are worth remembering forever. 
There are more, yes. But I will keep those safe in my journal for now. I think the bottom line is this, I want to be brave. I want to do things I've never done and not let anxiety or insecurities hold me back. I want to do what I love and love what I do. Its worth it to me. 

There is a beautiful present on the wall next to my bed. Everyday I look at it and am reminded that fear is lame and only the brave are truly happy. Each time I see it, I remember again how rewarding risk is. I am reminded that grace is enough, and I remember that in my weakness, HE is strong. (2 Cor. 12:9)

Challenge yourself, be brave and strong and remember you are a superstar. Give yourself a reminder, because sometimes, we all forget. This is mine...


Life is full of risks, but they are worth it.

No comments: