Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Spandex, Watermelon, & Reminiscing

"Friendship is born in that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!"  
-C.S. Lewis

She has never looked happier. Our friendship started in middle school. In High School, we were inseparable and spent many years in spandex shorts traveling around with our volleyball team. Now, Carissa is wearing spandex for a different reason...A BABY BUMP!!! When Carissa called me to tell me she was having a baby, I couldn't have been happier. She is going to be a fabulous mama, her baby boy is loved so much already.

Carissa and Jarred met me at their home and we drove to his parents house for the pictures. They have beautiful property, it was sunny and warm and full of pretty locations. Jarred and Carissa are the kind of people that make me want to be in love. It is obvious they love each other, that they know each other, that they are going to be great parents. They laughed the whole time and I wouldn't have it any other way. At the end, they even sent me home with some fresh watermelon. Yes please, I would love to get fruit every time I took pictures. Foreal.

We spent a while talking about the past and the good memories that we will never forget. But mostly, we talked about the future. Because the future is full of hope, full of life, full of changes. Carissa, I adore you and am so glad to get to be with you during this time! You are going to be a great mama. I can't wait to meet your little peanut.

Baby Brody Michael is scheduled to arrive the end of August, and I'm sure there will be some pictures of his precious face shortly after.

Everyone, have babies. Because they are precious. And baby bumps are the cutest fashion accessory. Check it out.









This last one is my favorite. They seriously have the best time with each other. Jarred, keep good care of Carissa. She is lovely.

Life is better in spandex. Just ask someone who's preggers.

Visit my WEBSITE, or Call me 253.569.7600!!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I love this kels! your commentary made me get a bit misty. you are amazing and im glad you enjoyed the fact its almost impossible for us to be serious for things like this :)