Thursday, July 7, 2011

Vacation from My Problems

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C.S. Lewis


This week has been full. Full of to-do lists, running around like a headless chicken, bad hair days, 4 outfits a day, laughing, playing, drinking caffeinated beverages, and sleep. But a full life is a good life. Right? 


The last couple of years, I have a new favorite thing. Amazon.com. Getting books in the mail is like Christmas all year round. Good thing that I also have a new love for reading. It is the best thing to do when laying in the sun, or wrapped in a blanket on a cold day, or before falling asleep at night. The last few weeks I have been reading like it's going out of style. In the midst of chaos and stress, reading is like a vacation. I have a problem thinking of 2 things at the same time, so when I read, it's all I can focus on. Basically, like a vacation from my problems. Yes, please. 


Here are a few books that I can't get enough of...


Soul Cravings by Erwin McManus is my favorite book of all time. It is broken up into baby 2-4 page sections called "Entries" and each one is full of truth, hope, encouragement. It is about our relationship with God, with each other, with ourselves, and about our destiny. Get it, read it, love it. 


The Missing Piece Meets the Big O by Shel Silverstein is the sweetest book. It is about finding your perfect match. But not how you would expect it. I'm pretty sure I teared up. And it takes about 3 minutes to read. Believe me, it's worth the 180 seconds. 


Hope for the Flowers by Trina Paulus makes the hard decisions in life easier to make. It's about choices, and leaving behind things in order for better things to happen. I read it when I am having a rough patch. 




Anyway! I would love to hear what your favorite books are! It can be about anything!

Life is better with breaks to relax. 

Visit my WEBSITE, or Call me 253.569.7600!!

No comments: