Thursday, August 18, 2011

Decisions, Support, and My New Camera

"Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision."
-Peter F. Drucker

I like to have the people in my life very involved in it. I like to share things with them...Like chapstick, toothpaste, shoes, dresses, food, Starbucks, anything. So when it comes to my business and big decisions, I love to share my ideas or goals with my friends and family.

For about 8 months, I have been wanting to buy another camera. I have done lots of research, asked a lot of questions to the employees of the camera stores, and debated on which camera to buy. With some advice from a few of my favorite photographers, and lots of conversations with my dad about making this investment, I decided on the Nikon D700 and a date to purchase.

One year ago, in August, I decided to pursue a dream of being a photographer. It was a little scary at times and I wondered if anyone would like the way I see the world. But I could not be happier with the way this last year has unfolded. I can look back and see that I have improved and know so much more now than I did. I have practiced and set goals to push myself to become better. So as a birthday present to my photography business, I thought that August would be the perfect month to buy the camera.

Last night my fam bam took a trip to Seattle to Glazer's Camera to make the purchase because we all know I needed a little support. Plus, I love sharing my life with the people I love. We ended the night at Paseo for some Cuban food. DELISH! GO GO GO there!!!

Thank you Mom and Dad for believing that my dream can become my career and for also pushing me to dream bigger. Thank you Michelle Jensen and Josiah Reimers for helping me decide which camera to buy and for encouraging me when I doubted myself. Thanks Tara, Brettany, Liz, Jessica, and all of my other friends for being the best support system ever!!!

Meet my new camera. I'm getting to know it better. But let me just tell you. BEST.DECISION.EVER. 



And here is a picture of Baby Oscar taken with the new camera. Oh I love his little face!!!


Life is best when shared.

See more of my work at www.kelseylynnephotography.com. Become a fan of my work on FACEBOOK. Give me a call so we can chat, 253.569.7600.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go get'em Kels!!!

Sara said...

Congrats on the new camera! Love your pup :)

Anonymous said...

Get it GURL!! So excited for you! BTW I miss Osc!!