Monday, August 22, 2011

Once Upon a Time : Wes + Ashley

"Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question that he wanted to spend his whole life answering."
-Nicole Krauss (The History of Love)

In March, I went to her house to pack up her room so she could move to Ohio. Deep down, she knew she was moving across the country to be closer to the man she would marry. Each Wednesday night, Ashley and I would drive to Chipotle and talk about Wes. He is kind and patient, generous and caring. She is full of life and spontaneity, sequins and love for the people around her. Together they are the couple everyone wants to be around.

Ashley and Wes had been together for about 2 years and had never lived in the same city. He is in the Air Force and was living in Hawaii for the first year of their relationship. But when he moved to Ohio for school, she knew she needed to find out if this would last forever. Her family approved and knew that Wes would someday be a part of their family. In June, he flew Ashley home to propose to her and to make sure this girl would be the one that he spent forever with.

On Friday night, we drove together to Enumclaw for their engagement session. They were beaming the whole time. Wes had been at field training for 6 weeks and just the week prior had gotten home. She was glad to finally have her fiance back. Only 5 more days until they never have to say goodbye. Until they will live in the same house, in the same city. Forever.

Ashley and Wes, I cannot wait to be there when you promise to spend the rest of your lives in love. You are two of my best friends and I am so glad to know you. Every time I am with you, I know that you are the perfect match. Wes, keep good care of Ashley. She means so much to me. Ashley, Wes is such a good guy. I trust him to keep you safe and happy always.

This is what love looks like.

















Life is full of Fairy Tales.

See more of my work at www.kelseylynnephotography.com. Become a fan of my work on FACEBOOK. Give me a call so we can chat, 253.569.7600.

No comments: