Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Man in Uniform.

"If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again."
-Excerpt from The Marines Prayer

On Saturday, August 6th, Christopher Howe became a Second Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps. He was surrounded by family and friends who believe in him and think he is capable of anything he puts his mind to. This ceremony was not the end, but the beginning. Chris' father swore him in by reading the Oath of Office. His mom and sister pinned on his Butterbars. The ceremony was full of decorum. Everything had a meaning and a reason. 

Chris and I have known each other since high school and have stayed good friends since. I did the happy dance when he asked me to take pictures at this ceremony. 

Chris, I am so proud of you. No really, you are one of the most diligent people I have ever known. You will have great stories from your life to tell your kids and grandkids. You will be their hero. I just know it. Also, when you write a book about your life, I would like a signed copy. Thanks. 

Take a look and wish you had a sweet uniform. And a sword.










Life is better in a uniform.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE these pictures. They are timeless!

Anonymous said...

Great post!!! Wonderful pictures and so professional!!!