Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!!!

"Life doesn't come with an instruction manual, that's why we have fathers."
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr. 

Anyone who knows me well would say that I am a "Daddy's girl". Don't worry, my mama would say the same thing. Well, today is my dad's birthday. And let me tell you, tonight at dinner, we will laugh, I might cry, and we will celebrate what a wonderful man he is. 

He seriously is one of my favorite people to talk to, to be around, and to laugh with. He tells it like it is and loves people more than anyone I know. He is my hero and has been through so much, yet is strong for everyone around him. He is generous with his time, his home, his finances, and his love. He is full of wisdom and has unlimited amounts of patience for me. He keeps my secrets and my heart. He is a man of influence and integrity. He pretty much is a rockstar. He likes to listen to his music loud and car dances with the best of 'em. He has taught me how to cook, to fish, to parallel park, to budget, to wakeboard, to love God, to love people, to live life, and to laugh. This man is my walking instruction manual. This man is the best father in the world. 

My parents might have only had one biological child, but they are a mother and father to many more than that. Watching them love my friends and my generation is unbelievable. They care about my friends like they are their children and nothing could make me feel more loved. 

Dad, Papa, Jer...You are the best man I know. I am so blessed by you always and cannot even tell you how loved I feel by you. You have been my rock forever. I'll love you forever and laugh with you for always. Thank you for believing in me and pushing me to grow and to dream big. You are my biggest fan and I feel your support daily. I love you. 

Here are some of my favorite pictures of my favorite man.












Life is best when we celebrate those who we love.

See more of my work at www.kelseylynnephotography.com. Become a fan of my work on FACEBOOK. Give me a call so we can chat, 253.569.7600.

No comments: