Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Day in Paradise...

We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.
-Calvin & Hobbes

You know those times when everything just seems perfect? That is what the last 3 days have felt like. In all reality, not everything is perfect, but it is pretty close. My family has been in Cabo since Wednesday with Pastor Ed and Marci. I have been LOVING it. Really, I have laughed more the last three days than I have in a while. Sometimes, life can feel like all business, all the time. But when my family is on vacation, it becomes a big huge play date. 

Yes, I am missing my sisters and my friends. My puppy and some of the comforts of home. But, I am enjoying where I am. I am glad to be here with family. We have had some good memories so far. Making salsa with my dad. Trips to Costco where finding cheddar cheese was like finding a million dollars. Fishing with my dad and Pastor Ed...Honestly, I didn't fish, I got super boat sick and spent about 2 hours throwing up and crying. Yes, I'll admit, a bit dramatic...But, at the time, I seriously wanted to be ANYWHERE but in the Sea of Cortez. Now we just laugh and talk about how I would never be good in the Navy and how we hope my future husband doesn't have a life long dream of living on a houseboat...

Anyways, here are some pictures...of life in paradise...





Life is delicioso, and so was that PICO!

No comments: