Friday, November 26, 2010

Love Love Love 'Em.

"People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have."
-Richard Carlson


The last 9 days have been wonderful. This is the longest vacation I have ever been on in my life. Needless to say, it came at the perfect time. The best thing about it, is that there is really nothing that demands my time. It is a weird feeling, to wake up with nowhere to be and nothing to do. Laying in the sun, reading, a nap here and there, chips and guac, not wearing shoes, forcing my family to watch Planet Earth and Baby Mama, writing lists of goals and plans...Time well spent.

Yesterday, while celebrating Thanksgiving with my parents, I decided to really think about the things I love...

Jesus, really, because he did change my life and continues to challenge me and love me through every season of life.

My family, because we might be small, but we have a whole lot of fun together.

My Aunt Jackie. She passed away on Tuesday, after a long battle with cancer... But I can say, she taught me how to laugh. She was the most wonderful woman, full of laughter and a touch of sarcasm. Aunt Jackie, I will miss you. Love you always and forever.

My friends, because they feel like family and I could spend days thinking about how wonderful they are.

Seattle, because a part of me misses the rain and can't wait to put on a pair of boots when I get home.

Random Things: Hair flowers, 80's Music, fleece blankets, dresses, new toothbrushes.

Photography. I am thankful that I have found something that I love doing and want to keep doing for the rest of my life.

And YOU- I am thankful that you take the time to support my new adventure and see the different things I have been taking pictures of. Thanks for looking! It means a lot.

Here are some of my favorites so far from the trip to Mexico. 




This alien fruit is what is know as a Rambutan. It is similar to a Lychee. It looks frightening, but it tastes like the most wonderful thing ever. Don't worry, you only eat the middle part, not the outside or the seed.  You won't be having weird hairballs, just big smiles from the party in your mouth.


Life is better when we remember what matters most. 

2 comments:

Michelle Jensen said...

Love this...and love you...now come home already!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow your like the best in the world