Saturday, December 18, 2010

Whiskers on Kittens.

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things." 
-Julie Andrews, Sound of Music

Sometimes I wake up in a ridiculous mood. Like the only thing I want is for someone to come and tell me that it is okay to go back to sleep. FOR A YEAR. I don't know, maybe it is because I had a super stressful dream last night, or the fact that I have issues...But this morning was one of those mornings. Attitude check, please. 

So when my mom asked me to find some pictures of the family to give to my grandparents, I couldn't help but falling back in love with life. When you see the beautiful people and the smallest puppy in the world, you will fall in love with my life too.

Jerry and Sheryl are my parents. They have been married for 27 years, which makes them heroes. They are honest, love to laugh, love to talk about politics and Jesus. They are the most generous people you will ever meet. They are protective, which I love. They make me feel safe and cared for. They love everyone they meet. They are beautiful people. 

Liz and Jessica are my sisters. They will live here for a year. But they will be family forever. When you live with your friend, it forces you to see strength and weakness, magnified sometimes. They see my issues, all 3 million of them. And I see theirs. But I can assure you, I love these girls more now than I ever did before they lived here. Liz is bubbly and her laugh is from the pit of her tummy. She is honest and tells things like they are. She loves people and isn't afraid to show it. Jessica is gentle and caring. She asks questions and wants to know the real you. The "you" that you have to search for. She wants honest and deep relationships, the kind that require vulnerability. But the more I know her, the more I know that vulnerability is the most valuable ingredient of a relationship. 

Tara Mae is one of the best friends I have ever had in my life. She is my weekend sister. She nannies on Mercer Island, but comes down on the weekends when she is off. She is my lifesaver. She is the best secret keeper. We laugh at ridiculous things. She loves Starbucks more than most humans and we love the same music. She is kind. She thinks life is pretty and I think she makes life pretty. I love Tara.

I treasure these girls. I treasure my family. I treasure my puppy. These are a few of my favorite things. 

Oscar.

Dad and Mama

Liz
Jessica

Tara Mae and Kelsey
Life is full of favorite things.

No comments: