Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude, Dreams, + Full Hearts

"It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else."
-Erma Brombeck

It's the middle of the night. I'm wide awake sitting here in awe of how much I love the place I am in. Really, I feel excited each time I get a phone call about photography, every time I get to tell someone about what I do. I feel excited to write each Christmas card to my wonderful clients. I feel thankful that my parents didn't laugh at me when I told them my dream of being a photographer. And they still don't laugh at me when I tell them my goals for 2012.

Internet, I have big plans. But really, the only reason I feel safe to dream big is because I have an even bigger safety net. My friends and family. They are always backing me up, pushing me to dream big, and always telling me that anything is possible. Pushing me to not settle with okay, to take more pictures, to be myself, to find my style. I know this probably sounds cheesy, but I would not be where I am without them.

I have a heart full of thanks. Thank you Mom and Dad for being my biggest supporters and voices of reason. Thank you for believing that I can do this and one day be the photographer I dream about being. Thank you Tara Mae for being the kindest support ever, the best umbrella holder, the best dog toy squeaker, the best tic tac giver-outer. Thank you Michelle and Josiah and Melissa for being so kind and generous with your knowledge of photography and for pushing me to work on my weaknesses and turn them into strengths. And thank you clients and blog post readers, for being your rockin' selves. For trusting me to take your pictures and for making me the happiest person alive.

Here are some pictures from the last few months. These people are the reason I feel excited to turn on my computer and edit until my eyeballs feel like they might fall out of my face. Until the clock says 2:00 AM, and my yawns are lasting for hours. Because these pictures make me feel alive and my heart explode with  gratitude. 

Happy Thanksgiving, dream big this year. 











Life is best with a full heart.

See more of my work at www.kelseylynnephotography.com. Become a fan of my work on FACEBOOK. Give me a call so we can chat, 253.569.7600.

No comments: