Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Weddings, Michael Jackson, + The Things that Help Us Remember

"Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain 

One of my goals for 2012 is to shoot more weddings. I LOVE weddings. Everything about a wedding day is exciting and special. I love that there are never a shortage of things to photograph, memories to capture, and moments that will happen only once. And driving home after a wedding is the best, because I think back to all of the things that happened in the last 8 hours, and realize that when I show the couple the pictures, they will re-live every moment. That's why pictures are so important, they help us remember.

Yes, there are moments of pressure and the night before consists of a lot of checking and double checking. Batteries, lenses, mints, shoes, camera. But after I take the first picture, I remember why I love my job, and I forget all of the stress.

In October, I had the pleasure of second shooting for one of my favorite photographers, Melissa Shaw. Take a look at her website HERE. She does an AMAZING job and working with her was such a gift. I was able to learn a lot and ask questions along the way. She has a way of making people feel comfortable in front of her camera, and the pictures always look natural and never forced. Her personality is easy to work with and be around, her sense of humor is stellar, basically, she's fantastic. Give her a call!

The bride and groom, Mitchell and Brittany were fabulous. They have been together for a while, and their family and friends filled up the room to look on as they said their vows. In Bremerton, the weather stayed clear for pictures, and even gave us a beautiful sunset to end the night. He makes her laugh, and from looking at these pictures again, I am positive they will have a life full of laughter. What better way to spend forever?

After the ceremony and formal photos were over, Melissa and I were able to eat some delicious food, take pictures of the dances and toasts that definitely made me tear up, and then break out some of our own dance moves. Melissa basically has the same skill level as Michael Jackson, she almost broke out her glove.

Thank you Mitchell and Brittany for allowing me to be a part of your wedding. You are wonderful people and made me laugh the whole day. Thank you Melissa for allowing me to second shoot with you. It really was such a great day, and you are the best dancer I know. Can't wait to second shoot for you again sometime!

Here are a few of my favorites...









 


Life is beautiful. 

See more of my work at www.kelseylynnephotography.com. Become a fan of my work on FACEBOOK. Give me a call so we can chat, 253.569.7600.

No comments: