Sunday, November 13, 2011

Old Friends, Manners, + America's Next Top Model

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
-William James

Facebook is one of the coolest things in the world. But really, especially for a photographer. It gives the opportunity for people who I don't get to see everyday to see recent blogs, pictures, and updates. After posting a few pictures of two of my best friends, Ashley + Wes, I got a message from Davina.

Davina and I went to middle school together and part of high school. She was always bright, bubbly, and extremely fun to be around. She wrote me saying that she loved the pictures she had seen and wanted to take some pictures in the fall. I love when life does that, brings people back into now that you haven't seen in a while. It really is the best.

When I knocked on the door, we hugged and I got to meet Lilly, her daughter. Let's get one thing straight. Lilly has the BEST manners of any little girl. Seriously, I brought gummy bears because I realized they are like magic picture dust that makes all people (not just kids) smile. She asked each time she wanted one with a "Please and Thank You." Apparently I have a soft spot for manners, because I just handed the whole bag over when I was walking out the door.

Davina's boyfriend Johnny arrived a few minutes after I did with his parents. Johnny builds airplanes at Boeing, and used to be in the Army. We got to snap some family shots and then it was time for Davina, Johnny, and Lilly to audition for America's Next Top Model. Pretty sure Tyra would put them through to the next round, because they rocked it out.

Here are some of my favorites. And Lilly, let's go have a tea party. You have the best manners in the world and probably drink everything with your pinky out already.









Life is better with manners.

See more of my work at www.kelseylynnephotography.com. Become a fan of my work on FACEBOOK. Give me a call so we can chat, 253.569.7600.






No comments: